By: Natalie Pease for Insolroll
Yes, it is finally that time of year again. Spring cleaning time! Whether you are like us in Colorado, just now starting to see the temperature rise or you live in a place that has nice weather all year ’round, there is no better way to kick-start summer than spring cleaning! Here are a few tips to help you get your patio ready for the summer!
- CLEAN! – There is something so inviting about a fresh, clean and comfortable patio on a warm summer evening, and nothing less inviting than patio furniture covered in cobwebs and dirt. The first and least expensive step to getting your space ready for summer is a good spring-cleaning. Take next Sunday afternoon to dust off the spider webs and power spray the winter dirt away!
- April showers bring May flowers – One of my favorite things about my patio in the summer is the indulgent fragrance of blooming flowers in a warm breeze. Not only do these plants smell incredible, they are aesthetically pleasing as well. Bring your patio back to life with a display of flowers and plants. Live in a drier climate? Try a low-maintenance cactus garden!
- Keep the bugs away! – If you are like me, you probably love spending summer afternoons outdoors, up until you are being eaten alive by mosquitos. Insolroll’s bug solution in the Oasis family, the 2900, not only has all the great UV blocking benefits of our other Oasis products, but screens out the bugs as well! Our exclusive track system completely zips you into your patio, leaving no crack for pesky insects to get in. Our new head-box design allows us to span widths of up to 19′ with each shade, so even if your patio is large, we’ve got you covered!
- Add Color! – Whether that means painting a fence a fun color or purchasing some new patio decor, color can brighten the mood of your summer lounge area. Personalize your space with color, you can choose between brights, pastels, or neutrals.
- Lighting for any occasion – Whether you want to be creating mood lighting with patio shades or tiki torches, every occasion deserves picture perfect lighting. When the sun sets, the warm glow of candles and strings of lights create a pleasant environment to entertain guests. For the daytime hours? Shade yourself with patio solar shades, making your backyard lounge area a more comfortable temperature while reducing the bright glare of the mid-day sun!
- Try something different – A great way to freshen up your outdoor space is by adding a unique element to your patio. Try hanging flowerpots from a fence, or turning old dresser drawers into a flower planter. Guaranteed conversation starter!