Roller Shade Operators & Hardware
Operators are the systems that raise and lower the shade.
Hardware includes options for covering the shade roller, built-in options, audio-visual tracks and channels, and color choices.
- Manual Roller Shade Operators
- Motorized Roller Shade Operators
- Exposed & Covered Roller Systems
- Built-in Hardware Options
- Audio-Visual Hardware Options
Manual Roller Shade Operators
Quiet Spring Roller
- Easily operate with a tug of the hem bar
- Stays where you place it
- Easy spring tension adjustment
- Optional loop-free pull kit for hard-to-reach windows
- Available in black and white
- Continuous loop bead chain
- Standard and Decorative Options
- Sizes to accommodate all shade sizes, with available spring assist to make lifting larger, heavier shades easier.
Chains, Guides, & Child Safety
Insolroll sells only locking chain guides, tested and assured to meet the current industry standard for child safety.
- Insolroll’s proprietary Metal Select Locking Chain Guides
- all metal
- 6 finishes
- Exclusively from Insolroll
- Universal Chain Guide in 4 colors
- Black, White, or Vanilla
- Spring Assist in Black or White
Decorative Clutch Shades
- 5 matte finishes
- 6 metal finishes
- Chains and guides to match
Motorized Roller Shade Operators
Motorization offers the most convenient and versatile roller shade operation and control.
Insolroll offers a full range of motor technology options to fit every application, including those where hard-wiring is not practical.
- AC Four-wire directional motors
- AC Radio motors
- AC Intelligent motors
- AC UltraQuiet motors
- DC Battery motors
Motor Features Available
- UL-Listed Motorized Shading Systems– Unique in the industry
- Quiet motor technology– great for nurseries, bedrooms, and more
- Control Options & Building Automation– a myriad of options for home control and connectivity
- Simple handheld remote
- Wireless wall switch
- Tablet or smartphone control
- Voice control
- Building automation
Shades for Large Windows
Insolroll offers a large selection of wide-width fabrics to cover large windows. There are several approaches to covering windows that are wider than the width of the fabric, and your Insolroll Dealer can help you understand the advantages of each solution and select the one best for your application.
“Railroading” refers to the practice of turning a fabric from its vertical orientation to the side to achieve wider widths, which often requires a welded fabric seam. For wide, short windows, no seam may be required. For applications with mullions, a seam can be placed directly above a mullion to make it inconspicuous. Some textured and decorative fabrics, however, are not suited to railroading, and other techniques for shading wider windows are preferable.
Multiple Panel Non-railroaded Shades
For applications with large shades, 2 or 3 non-railroaded panels can mounted on a single roller tube with a single motor. The 3/4″ fabric gaps are typically lined up with window mullions for a crisp, finished appearance.
Coupled Motorized Shades
Another technique for covering wider applications is coupling single or multiple shades on separate roller tubes supported by a center bracket.
- Coupled shades can be made with up to 5 non-railroaded shade panels on a single motor.
- Coupled shades can have exposed roller or 4″ fascia
- Coupled and multiple panel shades can provide easier installation and cost efficiency.
Exposed and Covered Roller Systems
Exposed Roller Option
In some applications, an exposed roller and operator is just what the design calls for. Designers often use this approach in lofts and spaces with a very urban or industrial design scheme.
- Manual Operator Exposed Roller Shades feature visible roller, brackets and clutch or QSR operators.
- Decorative Clutch Operator Shades feature visible roller with decorative brackets and clutch, available in 11 finishes
- Motorized Exposed Roller Shades In the case of motorized shades, Insolroll offers designer-grade brackets and end caps to create a simple, unified and finished appearance.
Covered Roller Options
For applications that call for a more finished appearance, roller and operator cover systems are usually specified. Insolroll has several systems for masking these components.
Fascia System Option
Our Fascia System protects fabric when it is retracted and conceals the roller for a more clean-lined appearance than the exposed roller option. Fascia creates architectural detail, and can either blend in or stand out in your design scheme. Available inside or outside mount.
- Clear Anodized
Paramount Valance Option
Our handsome Paramount Valance features a metallic champagne finish and matching fabric insert. Available inside or outside mount.
Available in 3″ and 4″ sizes, our cassette option both protects and conceals the fabric roller.
- With or without matching fabric wrap
- For 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ dual brackets
- For dual clutch shades and smaller motor systems
- Ideal for hotel and conference room applications
- Available White, Bronze, and Clear Anodized
Built-in Hardware Options
Insolroll roller shades can be installed in a cavity above the ceiling, either in our Extruded Shade Pocket or a site-built pocket. When the shade is lowered, no hardware or roller is seen at all, and when the shade is raised, it disappears out of sight into the pocket.
Extruded Shade Pocket Option
Insolroll offers an extruded aluminum shade pocket in either 5″ or 5 5/8″ size. This approach is perfect for grid- and drop-ceiling applications. It is also used as a roller and fabric enclosure for very tall shades that would not fit into a fascia system.
Site-built Shade Pocket
A cavity built at the time of construction above the window, into which the shade roller is installed; the only Insolroll hardware accessory required for this type of application is a Flap and Hanger, which partially closes the pocket opening, but allows easy access and further masks the roller from view.
Access Flap & Hanger
For a site-built pocket application, the lower opening can be finished with an extruded Flap & Hanger, which also provides access to the roller when needed.
Audio-Visual Hardware Options
Fascia System with Audio-visual Accessories
Our Audio-visual and dual shades are available with fascia and additional accessories that block light at the edges and bottom of the shade.
- Fascia System to conceal the roller in 5 colors
- Side tracks to reduce light leakage into the room in 3 colors
- Sill channel used to prevent light leakage at the sill for extreme darkening applications in 3 colors
Note: For many school and conference room applications it may be preferable to install shades without tracks to allow some light into the room so participants can take notes, etc.
Dual Roller Shades
Insolroll Dual Shades provide total light management in a single window treatment, with two rollers, operators, and fabric types in one window. Blackout and solar screen fabric are the most common dual shade fabric pairing.
- Double fascia system option
- 6″ x 6″ valance system option
- Side Tracks
- Sill Channels
- Built-in option; mounted into a custom ceiling pocket to completely conceal the roller systems
- Site-built pocket option– created at the time of construction
- Extruded Shade Pocket option (Insolroll hardware option) installed above the ceiling
- Shades descend from the ceiling when in use, and disappear from view when retracted.