Roller Shade Operators & Hardware
Operators are the systems that raise and lower the shade.
Hardware includes options for covering the shade roller, built-in options, audio-visual tracks and channels, and color choices.
- Manual Roller Shade Operators
- Motorized Roller Shade Operators
- Roller Cover Systems
- Built-in Hardware Options
- Audio-Visual Hardware Options
Manual Roller Shade Operators
Quiet Spring Roller
- Easily operate with a tug of the hem bar
- Stays where you place it
- Easy spring tension adjustment
- Optional loop-free pull kit for hard-to-reach windows
- Available in black and white
Motorized Roller Shade Operators
Motorization offers the most convenient and versatile roller shade operation and control.
Motor Options: AC Standard and AC Radio Motors
- Four-wire directional motors
- Radio motors
- Intelligent motors
- UltraQuiet motors
Motor Features Available
- UL-Listed Motorized Shading Systems– Unique in the industry
- Quiet motor technology– great for nurseries, bedrooms, and more
- Control Options & Building Automation– a myriad of options for home control and connectivity
- Simple handheld remote
- Wireless wall switch
- Tablet or smartphone control
- Building automation
Roller Cover Systems
Exposed Roller Option
In some applications, an exposed roller and operator is just what the design calls for. Designers often use this approach in lofts and spaces with a very urban or industrial design scheme. However, in applications call for a more finished appearance, the roller and operator are usually covered.
Insolroll has several systems for masking these components.
Fascia System Option
Our Fascia System protects fabric when it is retracted and conceals the roller for a more clean-lined appearance than the exposed roller option. Fascia creates architectural detail, and can either blend in or stand out in your design scheme. Available inside or outside mount.
- Clear Anodized
Paramount Valance Option
Our handsome Paramount Valance features a metallic champagne finish and matching fabric insert. Available inside or outside mount.
Available in 3″ and 4″ sizes, our cassette option both protects and conceals the fabric roller.
- With or without matching fabric wrap
6″ Dual Shade Valance
- For 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ dual brackets
- For dual clutch shades and smaller motor systems
- Ideal for hotel and conference room applications
- Available White, Bronze, and Clear Anodized
Built-in Hardware Options
Insolroll roller shades can be installed in a cavity above the ceiling, either in our Extruded Shade Pocket or a site-built pocket. When the shade is lowered, no hardware or roller is seen at all, and when the shade is raised, it disappears out of sight into the pocket.
Extruded Shade Pocket Option
Insolroll offers an extruded aluminum shade pocket in either 5″ or 5 5/8″ size. This approach is perfect for grid- and drop-ceiling applications. It is also used as a roller and fabric enclosure for very tall shades that would not fit into a fascia system.
Site-built Shade Pocket
A cavity built at the time of construction above the window, into which the shade roller is installed; the only Insolroll hardware accessory required for this type of application is a Flap and Hanger, which partially closes the pocket opening, but allows easy access and further masks the roller from view.
Access Flap & Hanger
For a site-built pocket application, the lower opening can be finished with an extruded Flap & Hanger, which also provides access to the roller when needed.
Audio-Visual Hardware Options
Fascia System with Audio-visual Accessories
Our Audio-visual and dual shades are available with fascia and additional accessories that block light at the edges and bottom of the shade.
- Fascia System to conceal the roller in 5 colors
- Side tracks to reduce light leakage into the room in 3 colors
- Sill channel used to prevent light leakage at the sill for extreme darkening applications in 3 colors
Note: For many school and conference room applications it may be preferable to install shades without tracks to allow some light into the room so participants can take notes, etc.
Dual Roller Shades
Insolroll Dual Shades provide total light management in a single window treatment, with two rollers, operators, and fabric types in one window. Blackout and solar screen fabric are the most common dual shade fabric pairing.
- Double fascia system option
- 6″ x 6″ valance system option
- Side Tracks
- Sill Channels
- Built-in option; mounted into a custom ceiling pocket to completely conceal the roller systems
- Site-built pocket option– created at the time of construction
- Extruded Shade Pocket option (Insolroll hardware option) installed above the ceiling
- Shades descend from the ceiling when in use, and disappear from view when retracted.